Thursday 17 August 2017

A Snippet Card

Morning Everyone,

Here's a close up of the card that was lying on top of my keyboard in yesterday's WOYWW post.
The topper was made entirely of bits and bobs from stash, including a recycled hedgehog image fussy cut from a card received one birthday. I thought it far too cute to toss.The white die-cut oval was a gift from a friend - also received a couple of years ago. The purple spot patterned paper is from the Heather Paper Pack by Docrafts Papermania from 2010. I can't believe how old some of my stash is which is why I'm trying to use it all up before I even think of buying new! The ribbon and lace came out of a box of snippets and the textured green card the topper is matted on to is also a snippet, albeit a largish one, again from Docrafts.

I've deliberately not added a greeting. That can be added later when I've decided on the occasion and the recipient.

It's been a while but, having used those snippets, I'm submitting this card to Pixie's Snippets Playground.

I'm sitting here surrounded by boxes containing card scraps, old paper pads - mostly 6"x 6" - and ribbon and lace snippets. There's also a shoe box filled with all sorts of images and inked pieces (UFOs) that I'm sure would make lovely card toppers. The plan is to bottom these boxes, or at least make quite a dent on the contents, before they are tidied away again.

First, I think I need a cuppa!

Hope you all have a lovely crafty day .


4 comments:

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! That fabulously cute image was definitely worth saving! xxx

Liz said...

Fabulous snippets card, Elizabeth. I love the touch of Scotland with the tartan ribbon and the image is so cute. Good luck using up you UFOs! xx

Di said...

Such a sweet image Elizabeth and a darling card as a result!Great piece of upcycling - and the plaid/tartan ribbon caught my eye too! Lovely to see you in the Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Greta said...

Oh wow--so darling, Elizabeth! I really love the fancy die cut for the mat!