Friday 19 May 2017

Friday Smile

Evening Everyone,

If you have read any of my earlier posts you will know that we've had a bit of a traumatic week with Mr W having to have emergency surgery on Tuesday. However, it hasn't been all bad. Not only is he on the mend but we've been able to spend some time in the garden, doing not much of anything at all except admiring the flowers. Here's some photos of what is giving us joy there at the moment.

Clematis Nelly Moser

Clematis montana Grandiflora

The buds of Clematis Barbara Dibley

The rose Canary Bird

Angelica

One of the many aquilegias in flower at the moment - variety unknown.
And finally, because I have to stop somewhere, this is the wall that divides the front from the back garden. The troughs of pansies are a very cheery sight and the bench beneath is where we take time to sit and enjoy it all. It is also where I photograph a great many of my vases for In A Vase On Monday.



So that is just a few of things that are making me smile at the moment. Gardening can be a lot of hard work but it is so worth it at this time of the year.

Hope you have had plenty to smile about this week too.

10 comments:

Annie said...

I didn't realise your darling hubby had required surgery Ellie. I feel a little out of touch this week. Please give him a hug from me. Your garden flowers are gorgeous....I'm sure like ours they give you lots to smile about.
Hugs,
Annie x
Ps I'm now going to check your Wednesday post cos I have a feeling I may have missed it

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a gorgeous display and I'm not surprised it's making you happy, it's the fruition of lots of hard work and you should be able relax and enjoy it. I have lots to smile about and I count my blessings every day.

Wishing you a happy weekend.

Sandra x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. Beautiful flowers. I do hope you are both having a good rest, you deserve it. Gardening is hard work if you let it and although everything looks gorgeous there are times when you just have to make things easier, life just tends to get in the way sometimes. Have a nice weekend, Angela xXx

Valerija said...

I love your adorable flowers.
Have a great weekend.
Valerija xx

Lisca said...

I didn't know Mr W had had surgery.I wish him a Speedy recovery.
Wow! What lovely flowers! I love clematis and when we lived in the UK I had many different ones that would flower at different time of year. Yours are gorgeous!
Have a good rest and I hope the weather will be fine so that you can both enjoy that lovely bench in the garden.
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Best of luck to Mr W - hope he gets well soon - that garden will cheer him up - such lovely splash of colour.x Jo

tilly said...

I love your clematis, you have a super garden with lots of colour
Tilly

mamapez5 said...

I am glad your husband is recovering well, and able to sit and enjoy your lovely garden. The clematis are so lovely and so is that pretty yellow rose. I grew aquilegia from seed one year and they self seeded all over the garden. They are a fun flower and come in a lovely range of colours. Kate x

Tina Z. said...

great news that your husband is recovering well ... and you have so many beautiful clematis, great photos.
hugs xx

scrappymo! said...

Your blooms are gorgeous. i have that first clematis bit it is not even in bud yet. we were weeks of rainy dreary weather and poof...just like that it went form 13 to31for the last 4 days. My house is about 35 by afternoon, even with the fans on and windows open! But I am not complaining...so glad to have the sun!
Maybe a few more plants will set buds now.

Hope your husband is doing better...sittingand looking out that beautiful garden will help.