Friday 16 January 2015

Friday Smiles ...

... and I'm back with quite a few reasons to smile!

As some of you may know I've been in hospital with pneumonia. Thanks to my GP, together with the paramedic, doctors and nurses in The Ayr Hospital, I'm well on the way to a full recovery ... thank goodness for the NHS - reason no. 1 to smile.
Reason no. 2 is all the kind thoughts and get well wishes that have come my way ... I'm sure they all helped, and continue to help, me in my recovery so many thanks to everyone who took the time to think of me.
A special thanks must go to Di, of Pixie's Snippet Playground, who sent this gorgeous spring arrangement. How cheering are these? Apparently Parsnip the Snippet Bear had a hand in choosing them and sent his wee brother along to cheer me up too.
He's adorable :) He came with a name, Bailey, but I'm renaming him Snippety Bailey ... I think it suits him perfectly.
Needless to say, I really missed The Boss during the 9 days I was in hospital and I know she missed me too. The EM tells me she would wander round the house searching and calling for me. So reason no.3 is seeing her curled up on my desk ... keeping it warm for the day I'm fit enough to get down to some crafting again :)

And finally, not everyones idea of something to smile about but ...
... our first snowfall. The EM hates it but I love watching the snow fall covering the garden and making everything look so pristine. Needless to say, I'm not so keen to be out in it :)

I hope you have had as much to smile about this week ... if you have do share it with Annie at a Stitch In Time, and everyone else who joins in with her Share a Smile ...

Wishing you all a very enjoyable weekend.

14 comments:

Judys Lace Creations said...

Oh I'm so sorry you have been so ill. Poor kitty.She's a sweetie. he's the double of my Chloe!!
So glad you're on the mend.

Annie said...

This post certainly made me smile Elizabeth. You gave us all a scare. Pneumonia is such a nasty thing to have so I'm really pleased to see you're feeling up to blogging. Please don't overdo it my friend. Listen to your body and give it plenty of rest to heal well. Sending you lots of healing hugs.
Annie x

Marie-Louise said...

Elizabeth I am so sorry I had no idea you were ill. I have not been blogging for ages - I just have not had the time. I do hope you are feeling better now. While you are recuperating you may like to look at a blog that I follow - the gentleman is a gardener. His address is http://gardeningwithjohnsteedman.blogspot.co.uk

Hope you are soon up and about again.

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Elizabeth, well I didn't know you were unwell but pleased to hear you're on the mend, that was a longish stay in hospital so take it easy. Lovely lots of cards and pressies from your friends and I be the Boss is happy to have you home. Cheers Robyn

Di said...

A happy post indeed, thank goodness you're much better Elizabeth!

So glad the flowers cheered you up and yes, Bailey Snippet is the image of Parsnip!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Or even Snippety Bailey of course :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sandra H said...

So pleased Eliabeth to see your much better and what gorgeous flowers and cards you rec'd and the flowers cheered you up take plenty of rest too!! l'm sending lots of hugs take care xx

mamapez5 said...

I am sorry you have been so poorly. I must have missed that when I had all my computer problems. It is so good that you beginning to feel better. The flowers, and Snippety Bailey are just what you needed. Boss looks very relaxed now you are back home. I hope you feel up to crafting again soon. Kate xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth I'm sorry to hear that you have been so ill, I didn't know. So pleased hear that you have come through it all, hugs Kate x

Jackie said...

So sorry I did not realise you had been ill, I wondered where you had got to! Good to hear you are well on the mend. Love the pics of your reasons to smile :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

Hi Elizabeth, I hadn't realised you were so ill until a little bird told me. How lovely of Di to send flowers.

So pleased to hear you are home again and feeling better. Hope you to continue to make a good recovery.

Stay warm and cosy.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

JoZart Designs said...

Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so sorry to hear you've been in hospital but it's good that you are on the mend. Do take it easy as that takes quite a while to get over.
Lovely flowers and beautiful cards too that you've made.
Jo x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

I had missed you Elizabeth but did not know you were so very ill, but glad you are beginning to feel more chipper not fun eh?
Oh, and love the mate Parsnip sent :D
Great post :D Shaz in Oz.x

Karen Petitt said...

Now then Miss Elizabeth I had pneumonia about two years ago and it knocked the hell out of me. Make sure you rest lots, drink plenty of fluids and keep warm. Unfortunately I then got shingles and it was not fun - it's amazing how you can go from having a cold/chill to full blown not being able to breathe well. Frightened me something wicked and have done my best to be careful ever since. I loves your bear! Karen xx