Wednesday 29 January 2014

WOYWW 243

Morning Everyone,

Another Wednesday and another excuse to reveal all for Julia's What's On Your Desk. Not a clue? Hop over to the Stamping Ground to discover just how many folk are foolish brave enough to indulge our nosiness curiosity interest with a show and tell of their work areas - desks, kitchen worktops, cupboards and even, for some, floors. And today I have not one but two desks for your vicarious pleasure :) Well, that's if Blogger/Google will let me ... something is playing up again this morning!?!?!
First up, the sewing table (photo taken late Tuesday evening). Just running up a valance for the bathroom window ... at last! I've had the fabric and instructions for ages, just waiting for me to get on with making it :) As I write the EM is fixing the pole to hang it from - if he finishes the job in time, I might be able to take a pic of the finished result.
In the meantime, here's the craft desk (photo taken early this morning). Just trying out a variation on a stamping technique called triple stamping. It has been on my to-try list for months, ever since I first spotted it on Sarn's blog, Stamping for Pleasure - unfortunately despite all my efforts I have been unable to locate the link but as Di at Pixie's Crafty Workshop was similarly inspired, you can see her lovely card here.
And just in time, the finished project. There's a brilliant tutorial for the lined valance on Katie's blog, Sewplicity. It's simple to make ... it has to be for me ... and the instructions are clear and easy to follow. As you can see we've gone for bold colours ... that is, bold for us. I found the fabric at Dunelm Mill and, because we live almost within shouting distance of the coast, the seaside theme seemed just perfect.

And that is it from my desks this week and I'm looking forward to seeing what's on yours now. First though, I need a cuppa but after that I'll be back to do a bit of blog hopping.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday no matter what you are doing.

Happy WOYWW,
PS: I'm not sure whether it is Blogger or Google that's at fault but something is snarling up the works today and it has taken almost 2 hours to complete this post!?!?!

22 comments:

Di said...

Oooh Elizabeth, I do love your valance and the lovely seaside theme in your bathroom! We've a new branch of Dunelm Mill fairly close to us at long last although I've yet to go and take a peek.

Aw, thanks for linking to my triple stamping card - Srnr has little purges on her blog and clears out old stuff now and then, she's caught me out before now too :(

Blogger does seem to be a bit flaky these days - had problems here too, sigh.

Happy WOYWW!

Hugs, Di xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Great looking bathroom Elizabeth, you did well with the valance. And I certainly will pop over to Di's blog to check out her card, I'm always looking for techniques to try out. Cheers and have a super week RobynO#71

CraftygasheadZo said...

Oh I love your valance, such fab fabric and love the look! Your stamping looks fab too, I love trying out new things. Take care. Zo xx 64

Sewplicity said...

Great job! The valance came out perfect, and thank you for the shout out! Happy Sewing :)

JoZart Designs said...

Your bathroom looks fabulous and the valance is the finishing touch. I loved seeing the quilt exhibition...wish I'd been there.
great to be back snooping
Jo x

Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth I love that fabric and your valance it looks fab with the red blind. Thanks for sharing the finished shot. How wonderful to live near the sea although I expect it is a bit choppy at the moment! Nothing beats a walk along the beach to recharge the batteries. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 74 x

Twiglet said...

What a great job you have made of your bathroom - the valence finishes it off beautifully! I love to see a sewing machine in action on WOYWW. Have a good week. x Jo

Glenda said...

Love your valance! You are so handy with a sewing machine!

Annie said...

I'm running late with my visits today [well late for me :-) ].
Have had a busy morning playing with the twins but they are both down for their naps now so I'm having a quick catch up with my friends :-)
Love your finished curtain...fab material.
Hugs,
Annie x # 38

Krisha said...

I love the red white and blue theme of your bathroom! Your valance fits perfectly!

We live 2 hours from the beach, but I still did a beachy theme in our master bedroom. I did tone it down to tan white and light blue so we can sleep in there....LOL
Krisha #31

Ann B said...

The valance frames the window perfectly, love the seaside fabric,.
Happy WOYWW
Ann B
44

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

HMMM. Glad I'm not the only one with Blogger issues. Your valance is lovely, and I like the nautical/seaside theme. I'm not much of a stamper and have never heard of that technique. But I sure like what Di made.

Happy WOYWW from #1.

Unknown said...

Your valance turn out great. I really like that color that's on the wall. #3

lisa said...

Your valance is beautiful, Elizabeth, what gorgeous fabric. I envy you living so near the sea. I spy some Sheena stamps on your desk there. I must check out that stamping technique on Di's blog.
Hugs Lisax #59

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love that fabric!! I've seen it in Salisbury..but I'm holding to my promise of StashBusting this year! Thanks for the link to the tutorial as well - what a great blog, full of useful tips!
Hugs, LLJ 51 xx

glitterandglue said...

Hello Elizabeth. Well done - great finish to your new bathroom. Are you enjoying your new home near the sea?? Trust so! We love it here on the N Wales coast - about 200yds from the sea if you are a crow - half a mile if you need to walk - but we can see it from here - fabulous!
Have a great week.
Margaret #39

Sue said...

Gorgeous valance Elizabeth! fab idea for your bathroom and blogger is being a right pain and has been for weeks lol huggles Sue xxx

Robyn said...

Glad we are connected!
Lots going on on many "desks" at your place.
Thanks for visiting and the snoop around your place .
robyn 7

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

What a cute curtain. Wish I could sew. -13 Peg R

shazsilverwolf said...

Gorgeous valance, and I agree the Triple stamping theme is ace! i made a few of them, and I love it. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #35 xx

Eliza said...

Lovely bright bathroom Elizabeth and the valance looks perfect. I can't sew to save my life but I do enjoy seeing everyone else's wonderful works. Triple stamping something that I have on my to do list one day I keep putting it off for some reason. Thanks for visiting was great to have you pop in to say hi.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 15

RosA said...

That whole wall looks bright and cheerful! I don't think I've heard of the triple stamping technique before.
Thanks for dropping by earlier.
RosA #14