This is going to be the quickest post in history of this blog.
No 'how I made it today' ... I desperately need to finish off sorting out the stamps or I'll never see the top of my desk again ... suffice to say there's dry embossing, colouring and stamping with a little bit of silver waxing thrown in for good measure. Oh, and the pink topper mat has a pierced border too.
- card - teal (Papermill Direct), deep pink (Papermania) and white (Neena Solar)
- stamp - Inkadinkado Bird Streamer
- inks - Memento Markers, Rose Bud, Bahama Blue, Bamboo Leaves and Ranger DI, Crushed Olive
- gilding wax - Pebeo Silver
- tools - Cuttlebug; embossing folder - Cuttlebug Cindy Loo; dies - Docraft's X-Cut Squares and Butterflies; Dovecraft piercing ruler, piercing mat and a pokey tool
Because the base is such a strong colour, I created an insert from printer paper stamped up in the same combination of inks as used for the front.
Almost the entire card is made from snippets - the exceptions are the teal card used for the base, the white rose ribbon trim and the embroidered ribbon - even the green velvet ric rac came from the snippet box, so I'm skipping over to Pixie's Snippet Playground - Week 108 - where snippets are the name of the game.
Graveling update: almost done but we've run out of gravel for the driveway - surprisingly, a ton was not enough!
Update on goal to buy no new stuff but to use Only Goodies out of Stash (OGooS) - it's Week 3, 2014, and I've still not succumbed to temptation - so far all materials have been sourced from stash. I know, it's early days but so far, so good :)
Right, time for a quick bit of lunch and then back to the stamp sorting - photos may follow :)
Take care everyone. Happy crafting,