Saturday 11 August 2012

Welcome Little One

Afternoon All,

It's been a day for pottering in the garden - still warm but hazy and not anything like as sunny as yesterday.

I've just managed to soak myself filling the watering can - some pots needed emergency treatment after the dry spell we've been enjoying and my hand slipped as I held it under the tap ... just as well it's warm outside :)

Here's a card I've been meaning to share for a while now. It's a card in a pretty colour combination of pink and Kraft made to welcome a new baby.


The whitewash Core'dinations card was embossed with polka dots - love polka dots :) - and then sanded. A border of coral scalloped edged paper was stamped with a floral border and white ink, then embossed with white embossing powder, was adhered to the bottom of the embossed card. all the edges were inked with an ink pad of a coral shade.


The little bib and the dummy (soother), from a Basic Grey stamp set, were stamped in coral on to Kraft card. The bib was then put through the Cuttlebug using a Nestabilities die. The greeting comes as two separate stamps in the set and have just been stamped together to get the flowing affect. A beautiful satin ribbon and some peachy coloured pearls finish the front.


The banner stamp used on the insert is from the same Basic Grey stamp set. These sets are tiny but they do have a lot of very useful little stamps in them.

Materials used: 
Kraft card base and snippets of Kraft cardstock for toppers
Core'dinations sandable whitewash cardstock, Cuttlebug, Papermania Mini Polka Embossing Folder and sanding block 
Snippet of Pink Paisley Spring Jubilee 6x6 stack for border, Versacolour ink pad, 80white and  Docrafts Embossing Powder Seafoam White
Stamp sets - V&A Museum Flower Border & Basic Grey sta 2323 (Welcome Little One) 
Colourbox chalk, Rose Coral
Spellbinders Nestabilities Splendid Circles
Ribbon Carousel's wide pink satin ribbon and Kanban pink pearls

Too late  it occurred to me that I should have put the bib topper on the top left corner, instead of the right, for a more balanced look ... next time I'll get it right!

I'm off to the craft space now - I have a partially completed card on the desk and several other bits of inked up card to do something with, hopefully before tea-time. 

I hope you are all having a great weekend so far and enjoying some good weather too.

Happy crafting,

6 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, Oh this is so lovely, your different shades of pink will enable you to enter your card into the new "inthepink challenge blog" and for their challenge is Fifty-Shades-of-Pink just a thought!! l love the backing papers and what you have done with it and the die cuts for the border beautiful ribbon and lovely sentiment too everything about it Elizabeth is beautiful.......take more care of yourself with the watering can next time you use it although it would of helped you to cool down if your having this lovely weather we are having......enjoy your weekend, xx

Di said...

Absolutely lovely card Elizabeth, pink always does it for me as you know - I'm a bit out of words having done a mahoosive roll call for tomorrow. My fingers have laryngitis! Super die, the dots look larger than on my new CB Swiss Dots one - is that the case, are polka dots larger? Do they dance before your eyes - see, I told you my fingers are in a mind of their own! Hugs, Di xx

Hettie said...

Ooo Elizabeth this card is gorgeous! Soo sweet.
Thanks for visiting
xx

scrappymo! said...

This welcome baby card is so sweet. I love anything with kraft and this pink and kraft looks great together.
I have a very similar stamp to the banner stamp on the insert and have never used it...now you have given me a great idea!!!

coops said...

so beautiful elizabeth.i love the classy design :D

xx coops xx

Mrs A. said...

Love the pinks with the craft card. I think the bib looks fine on the right as it is . Hugs Mrs A.