Not much to be seen on my desk this Wednesday morning. I tidied up after the card I made yesterday and started on another. Sorry, but apart from the Joanna Sheen House Mouse papers and the yellow card base, can't let you see it as it is just possible the intended recipient might be looking. Hence the strategically placed magazine, the latest issue of Scrapbook Magazine. It's open at an article entitled 'Making Your Own Hardware' by Helen Salthouse which I've found particularly interesting. Helen shows how to make metallic effect hardware embellishments like the clock you can see together with a variety of other useful effects. The box which once held diabetic ice cream (yes, not exactly Haagen Daz, but when needs must ... sigh) now holds all my small punches including the very hand corner rounder which is lying out. So that's my desk this morning.
Here's the card I completed yesterday, just in time to go out in the post today.
It's for my little brother's 60th birthday - I can hardly believe it. I can still remember the day he was brought home from the hospital. I climbed up onto the sofa to get a peek at this baby in his pram, I was only 3 at the time, and it was love at first sight - he was gorgeous! And now here he is hurtling toward retirement age - how did that happen : )
As you can see the card is an easel and I went for clocks, more clocks and even more clocks. Not a subtle reminder of time flying but if he hasn't started on his 'bucket list' yet this might give him the nudge he needs.
Most of the materials were computer generated, there's some stamping, embossing. distressing and a lot of matting and layering. Hopefully, Colin will like it.
- Cardstock: Card base from docrafts Premium Textured Cardstock A4 size; matting & layering with gold mirror card, 200gsm (Create & Craft) & black leather effect card, 300gsm (Hougie); white A4 card 200gsm for printing out toppers & greeting.
- Paper: Super Smooth A4 matt paper, for printing design paper.
- Digital: CD-Rom, Cardz 4 Men from Jem’s Designs; My Craft Studio Professional.
- Stamping: Tempus Fugit & Watch – a freebie from Craft Stamper; VersaMark; Sheena’s WOW embossing powder in Bark Regular.
- Other materials: Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads in old paper & brushed corduroy; bakers twine, The Ribbon Girl; gold brad & gold chain from stash.
Hopefully we are all back to normal after last weeks Blogger disaster. We were promised that we would get our postings and comments back, the ones that were lost on the fateful day, but mine certainly didn't reappear so apologies to my commenters if I didn't get back to you.
That's it folks for now. Hope you all have a great week ahead and I will, as ever, endeavour to visit as many of you as I can just to see what you are all up to today.
Take care and happy crafting,