Sunday 28 November 2021

Sunday Scraps & Rudolph Day - Christmas Cards 34-37

 Hello and Happy Sunday to you all,

I hope you are all safe and dry. I see from the TV News that many on the East Coast of the UK have suffered badly during the recent storm and now it's snowing. I can only wish any of you that live in the affected areas well. 

I have been making some scrap pages for the Scrap Backwards, a FaceBook group, challenge this week - the aim of which is to use up old scrapping materials, particularly stickers but including other supplies we've had lingering in our stash for some time. One page I made helped me use up quite a bit of an old, 2011, Graphic 45 8x8 pad, Christmas Emporium but, as is always the case, there was a lot of scrappy leftovers. Some scraps were used up for the Christmas Card Club this week but I didn't stop there so here's another four. 




Apologies for the quality of the photos - the lighting, like the weather, has been very poor this week. With the exception of the ribbons, all the materials used were either scraps or leftovers - e.g. the beads were just the last few on a sheet. The stamps and embossing folders are from very old collections - the stamp sets are Docrafts Papermania Noel Christmas Wishes and Marianne Vintage Christmas, the embossing folder is from a Sizzix Christmas set. 

Frankly, almost everything in my craft room is not new. I'm happy with the embossing folders and stamp sets I have and only give in to temptation now if I think I will really make good use of them. I admit to still finding it hard to resist new patterned paper so treat myself to a kit from Mind the Scrap on a monthly basis. Otherwise, the only craft stuff on my shopping list are the necessities such as adhesives, scrap albums & plastic inserts - all those scrap pages have to go somewhere - card blanks & envelopes That sort of thing. In truth, I think I have enough stash at my age to keep me going until I leave this mortal coil. 

It's been a long while but I'm submitting these cards to the following challenges:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #417 - Ruby's Memory - where anything goes as long as there's scraps used.

ScrappyMo's November Rudolph Days Challenge - a bit late but I think it's okay to enter to the end of the month.

CHNC Challenge 570 - where anything goes as long as it's Christmas

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper November 2021 challenge - a challenge that is always about using patterned paper or patterned cardstock

It's not quite 4pm here on the South West Coast of Scotland and the sun is going down already and just because I can't resist it here's the view from my window right now. 


So that just leaves me to wish you all a very good week and as my late mother would have said, look after yourselves and be good :)

Bye for now, 

7 comments:

Martina said...

Wonderful, Suzanne! Beautiful card with green leaves, I like this shade of green and delicate tree decorations. I'm glad you shared the Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Jenny L said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a very lovely aaray of cards and such super designs too.
So brilliant that they were all made from scraps too.
Love the embossing folder used as well.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Sarn said...

Hi Elizabeth

Lovely to "see" you again - especially with this lovely collection of festive cards. They're all beautiful.

I've saved you a seat, and there's a mug of hot chocolate with added marshmallows awaiting you in the Playground Treehouse.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper November challenge - I hope to see you again soon. x

Anonymous said...

I love the embossed image and the bows on the first two cards and the design of the second two! you've been busy. thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda, DT

Sandra H said...

Beautiful cards x

Di said...

All the cards are really gorgeous as always Elizabeth and what a delight to see you in the Snippets Playground again! I think of you often - and only yesterday was looking at your gorgeous meat loaf recipe!

I'm with you about having more goodies in the craft room than you could ever use whilst still able! I need help with an obsession!

Hugs

Di xx