Tuesday 23 November 2021

Christmas Card Club - Angels or Fairies in Memory of Shaz - Cards 31-33

Hello Everyone,

This week the Christmas Card Club is asking for Angels or Fairies - a theme chosen by the lovely Shaz who, sadly, is no longer with us. I count myself as one of the privileged to have met Shaz, and her equally lovely husband Doug. Without doubt she is very much missed by all of us in the Christmas Card Club. 

I searched, and searched, through my stamps, dies and even readymade toppers and, sad to say, I don't have one angel or fairy. However, I did find this angel in my box of Christmas cards received in a previous year. I trimmed it down to size, matted it on to a scrap of textured green card before fixing it to a white card base. The greeting was stamped on one of the trimmings from the original card front, matted on to a snippet of the green card before being attached to the topper. 

Cards 2 & 3 were made using toppers and scraps from a very old (2011) Graphic 45 collection 'Christmas Emporium' which I've been hoarding but even I have to admit that after 10 years it's time it was used up!

Cream satin ribbon and a stamped greeting, from an old Polka Doodles stamp set, were added to the patterned paper and matching topper for card 2. 

For card 3 the patterned paper and topper has been matted on to teal blue textured cardstock before being adhered to the white card base. Three adhesive pearls, the last I had in just the right shade of aqua, provide the embellishments. 

I've been reminded just this week that it's about time I made sure I've made enough cards made ready for the annual card writing marathon! It's not been my main priority this year but I think I've not done too badly. 

So that's it from me. I hope you are all well. I hope, too, you will pop over to see what my teammates have created for this fortnight's challenge. You'll find a list of their names and links on my right sidebar - as always their work is so much more creative than mine.

Bye for now ...

Elizabeth

8 comments:

dutchess said...

Three lovely cards Elizabeth…love the image on the first one…I have lots of collections that maybe even older than 10 years….I do now make cards from them instead of just stroking them so I know what you mean….
It’s really cold here and I see from the forecast snow for the weekend oh I do hope not!…take care xxx

Mrs A. said...

Three lovely cards especially the angel card. I don't have any angels in my stash so had to go with anything goes. Yes Shaz is sadly missed from our group. Hugs Mrs A.

LesleyG said...

A lovely tribute and three pretty cards xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth, your angel card is so beautiful, and lovely to recycle it, now someone else can enjoy it too, Shaz would love it.
Your other two cards are equally beautiful, great designs and very festive, Kate x

Sandra H said...

So beautiful

Spyder said...

I love your angel card, brilliant bit of recycling! I have done that before, waaaaaaaaay back when I first started collecting craft stuff. And still have a lot of card 'toppers' that I can put to good use, Stay Safe! Happy late WOPYWW!?((Lyn))#16

Spyder said...

Ps, love the pussycat and yes!! Husbands! Mine has more than half the shared wardrobe too! love the layouts on your post below WOYWW, Thank you for your visit! (Lyn)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Three really lovely cards, all have gorgeous festive images.
Lorraine