Monday 3 May 2021

Scrap Pages 16, 17 & 18/2021 - International Scrapbooking Weekend

Hello Everyone,

Welcome again to my blog and thanks for dropping in.  This is not just a post celebrating International Scrapbooking Weekend - yes, 1st of May was officially International Scrapbooking Day but, of course, the fun stretched over the entire weekend - but the pages I'm sharing today are the first of those I've created with the help of Shimelle's new online class, Half and Half .

Hygge Season 2020
I can't get away from how Covid has, over the last year, quite dramatically changed our life. Normally, we would have spent much of autumn outdoors visiting our favourite places and enjoying the last of the warmer days before winter set in but not in 2020. This page is my way of recording how very different it all was. That life was all about staying in, being cosy and keeping myself busy with books and hobbies. The papers and stickers used are mainly from Photoplay's 'Heart & Home' and 'The New Normal' collections. I used American Crafts' thickers 'Grove' and 'Sorbet' for the title. 

Settling Into the New Patch
My page for Shimelle's second class feature photos taken of our late cat, Bonnie, as, when we moved into our new home, she got to know her new prowling ground. I enjoyed making this page - it brought back happy memories and I got to use some very old (2015) papers from Echo Park's 'Meow' collection as well as some from a newer collection, 'Playful Pets'. The title is made up from some very old (2012) Pebbles thickers, 'ABC', the black American Crafts' 'Sorbet' and red stickers from Echo Park's 'Meow' collection. Many of the embellishments are from the same collections but a few are from old stash.

Best Foot Forward
 
And my favourite layout from the weekend. It features photos of my gorgeous little great-grandaughter Lacie setting out on her first day at primary school. I just love everything about this page from the  beautiful striped paper - Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful 'Awesome Possum', the water colouring with Vicki Boutin powdered pigments, the stamping with  Amy Tangerine's 'Brave & Bold' stamp set, to the title made up from a combination of  Pink Fresh's 'Noteworthy' puffy stickers and American Crafts' sparkly black 'Tuxedos & Tiaras' thickers.

I do struggle to find time to scrap at the moment so I'm delighted to be keeping up, more or less, with Shimelle's class. I enjoy watching her videos and being inspired to step out of my comfort zone and do something different. Apart from anything else, it brings variety to the contents of my scrapbook albums and that is no bad thing. 

Hopefully, I'll be back again soon with a few more pages, just for the record.

In the meantime, I hope you are all well, you've had a great Bank Holiday weekend, and thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.

2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Elizabeth, your scrapbook layouts are fabulous. You've used some lovely papers and photos. Lacie is just a wee cutie and it's a priceless photo.
This pandemic has changes so many things for most people, I hope you and Alan are keeping much better, Kate x

Gibmiss said...

This is a fabulous page ...what stunning hair she has ...so cute ...
Hugs Sylvie xx