Wednesday 11 December 2019

WOYWW - Week 549

Hello Everyone,

Wednesday, Whizzday, has a way of sneaking up on me ... I need more hours in the day and more days in the week. Especially at this time of the year! Anyway, it's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday time and here's a shot of mine this morning.
I'm working in a guddle again. There's papers, stamp sets, embossing folders, photos and even, right at the back, a circle die set. Out of shot is my wee Sapphire die-cutting machine. Altogether too much stuff but I'm at the stage of 'who cares' ... the cards are written and posted off, the presents bought and wrapped, ready to be delivered and all is more or less under control.
I do have to confess to being just a bit behind with the '12 Days of Christmas Scraplifts' challenge. It's now the 11th and this is my Day 4 page, completed yesterday. The photos are of us both, from last year, and this year's new tree decorations - a deer for each of us.
This is Day 3's page. The winter wonderland in the photograph is the Camellia House in the grounds of Culzean Country Park. The photo was taken a few years ago. We rarely get snow here on the west coast of Scotland, and when we do it doesn't lie long, so a photo like this is a rarity and all the more beautiful for that.

And now for the book bit.
I'm on to my seasonal reading now and I started with, 'The Gift' by Cecelia Ahern. It's a magical, fable-like, tale - and it's a twist on guardian angel stories that was, for me, very reminiscent of Dicken's 'A Christmas Carol' and the film 'It's A Wonderful Life'. There was the feeling that the protagonist, Lou Suffern, was being taught a lesson about the most precious gift of all, especially at Christmas ... that is the gift of time. “Time cant be given. But it can be shared.” This wouldn't be my usual choice of reading but it drew me in and had me absorbed from beginning to end. 

Right, that's it from me for now - I'm off to have a spot of lunch and then I'll be back to check out what's on your desks today.

Take care, keep warm, and stay calm ... it's only Christmas!!!

11 comments:

Annie said...

I've had to finish two more Memory bears this morning before I could check out my favourite blogs so I'm a little later visiting today.
Really love your pages Ellie....I'm sure it doesn't matter if you manage all 12 days or whether they are a little late as long as you are enjoying doing them [and it looks like you are :-)].
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Robyn said...

I’m so far behind I’m almost caught up. Thanks for the colorful inspiration. Robyn 9

Caro said...

Your scrapbook layouts are stunning and I love the papers on your desk. You sound amazingly organised for Christmas - I am no where near ready yet! Happy WOYWW. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#11)

Helen said...

The book sounds very interesting, and different to her normal style. I love the pages. if I had more hours in the day, knowing my luck they would be working hours not leisure hours!!! have a great week Helen #1

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. Great pages - and I shouldn't worry about being behind with the dates...It's more important to enjoy the work and the finished result. I've seen that book in lots of shops - but never got around to it. Maybe I'll try it sometime.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, looks like you're keeping busy. I'm a bit late tonight so can't stop long. Enjoy your book sounds interesting. Wishing you a happy woyww, Angela X13X

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely sight to see you scrapbooking because you can...I’ll be dipping in and out of a Juliet online crop this weekend coming, but am still using the desk as a job collection point!! Lovely pages E...that is a spectacular photo of the Camelia House...it looks like a promotional postcard for a winter wonderland!

Sandra H said...

Wow Elizabeth stunning pages x

Twiglet said...

The pages are lovely and well worth taking your time over. I don't know where time goes!! I am trying to whizz round a few desks before I tackle a bit more admin for the "business" - a lot of unpaid labour but I do love it. xx Jo

Catriona said...

I’m reading The Gift too Elizabeth but haven’t quite got into the story yet. Your pages are lovely-I seem to have given up scrapbooking due to other crafts tempting me.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, that is two lovely layouts you've done. I like the simplicity of the first one, and the picture of the Camellia House really draws the eye in the second one. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 X