Friday 13 December 2019

Friday Smiles

Hello Everyone,

I think we must all be well into the busiest time of the year. All that busyness doesn't leave a lot of time to look back on the week's smiley moments but, like Annie at A Stitch In Time, I'm taking a few minutes to share mine here.

First up is this old photo, posted this week FaceBook by someone in the family, of my granddaughter, Jennifer, with me when she was just a tot. Hard to believe it was her 27th birthday on the 5th. Hard to believe my hair was that colour once too!!!
There's nothing quite like a festive mince pie. Especially if, with the latte, is a free enticement to vistit the local garden centre.
The experience was made all the more fun by this happy band of musicians regaling us with Christmas songs. They had no problem smiling for me when I took this shot. Lovely people.

Our little Nativity Angel. This is 5-year-old Caoimhe, pronounced QUEE-vah, one of my many little cousinlets, looking just a bit nervous before her first Nativity. She's beautiful and this photo of her is guaranteed to make me smile.

Finally, yesterday's election can hardly be ignored.
Here's the EM looking suitably serious - voting is a serious business. That's an SNP party representative waiting to greet us voters - well, I thought he was there to greet us but he didn't say a word as we walked into the Polling station. Maybe the cold had got to him.

So that's it. Another week gone, only just over a week to go before the big day and still a lot to do but, despite that, I hope you will find a lot to make you smile during the week to come.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

So nice to take some time out Elizabeth your page is full of lovely memories x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This was one fun post, Elizabeth. How nice to see your younger self on social media. Did you ever think that would happen when you were that age?

I love mince pies. My grandmother always made them each Christmas and I miss them. What a fabulous enticement, too. Even a band!!!

I saw the results of England's vote yesterday, but wasn't sure about Scotland, since there was some talk of Scotland leaving the UK. I personally don't understand any of it, and never have. I just hope things turn out for the best for you in the UK, because this is shades of what's to come in 2020 when we vote for a President.

mamapez5 said...

It is amazing how time flies. I know I am getting older but it still surprises me when one of my boys or the grandees meet the next milestone age. They all grow up too fast.
What an adorable little angel. The perfect role for her. I have made fifteen dozen mince pies so far with six more to do, but I don't drink coffee at all so the latte doesn't entice me. have a lovely Christmas, Kate x