Friday 15 November 2019

Friday Smiles

Afternoon Everyone,

It's Friday and so I should have had this post done and linked to Annie's Friday Smile post earlier. And I would have done had I not got distracted with sorting out my wardrobe. Time to store summer clothes and replace them with the winter woolies. Bring on the snow ... I'm ready! It's been an uneventful week but no less smiley for all that.
The snow covered peaks on the Isle of Arran yesterday. A serenely beautiful sight, especially when seen from the mainland. It's one of the great privileges of living on the Ayrshire coast that we are able to enjoy views like this one.
Spotted outside Dobbies garden centre. I'm not sure what tree these three are but they look wonderful in their autumn glory.
The two pots I planted up with winter flowering plants on Wednesday. Under the plants are tulip bulbs which, hopefully, will prolong the colour well into spring. The large pot at the back is the EM's work - hiding under the gravel are daffodil and tulip bulbs too.
More of the EM's work. He shamelessly copied this idea from one of our WOYWW deskers. Lynn, One I Made Earlier - see the original post here. As we live near the coast the EM has given our wheelbarrow more of a seaside theme but otherwise it's a blatant copy!

And finally, a few Christmas funnies that reflect my feelings about the early onset of Christmas though clearly not everyone's judging by the number of seasonal ads already on TV now.





And last but not least:



That's it from me today. I hope you've had a week full of reasons to smile, and if you have, do join in and share it with Annie at A Stitch In Time - the more the merrier.

Have a wonderful weekend

1 comment:

Annie said...

Love the snowy view....from a distance 😀 well done to you both for your winter planting...I’m sure they will make you smile for months. You funnies made me grin. I’m not one for starting the festivities too soon but have actually been starting my Christmas card making today 😀 Hope you both have a great week and stay warm and cosy.
Hugs,
Annie x