Monday 2 September 2019

Layouts from Yesterday's Crop

Hello Everyone,

No 'In A Vase On Monday' again today. I was out all yesterday and had no time to tootle round the garden then, and today, well, today has been a complete write off. As the EM would say, it's persisted down all day! If this is all that Autumn has to offer then Spring can't come soon enough.

So on to nicer things. Although, I think it can only be me that can spend the best part of the day at a crop and only create three pages! The lovely ladies sitting on either side of me managed a lot more, one made a dozen and they were all exquisite. Anyway, here's the three I managed.

This one is the first of a double-page spread - Celebrating Fifty Years.
This is the second page.
The photos are of my son, Alun, taken on the holiday he took recently to celebrate his fiftieth birthday. Alun, together with his lovely partner, Elaine, visited Amsterdam, Edinburgh and Prague spending a few days in each place. And, as you can see, he likes to try out the local beers wherever he goes - he's a keen amateur brewer himself. These pages will go into the album I've made for him as a record of those fifty years.

And here's the third page I made - Sweet.
This photo is one of my great-grandchildren taken while they were staying with their grandparents, my daughter and son-in-law, for two weeks during the school summer break. This photo was taken at Calderglen Country Park.

Supplies used:
- plain white cardstock
- patterned papers: Cocoa Vanilla's 'Expressive' & 'So Fresh'; Pink Fresh Studio's 'Chitchat'& 'Hope'
- alphas: Pink Fresh Studio's 'Just a Little Lovely' white puffy stickers; American Crafts 'See the Good' black thickers
- puffy phrase stickers from Pink Fresh Studio
- stamp sets: - Anita y su Mundo's 'De Viage' set; Kaisercraft's 'Polaroid' set
- tools: circle punches; scissors; guillotine and various adhesives including dimensional dots 
- all other embellishments from my stash

I used a sketch from Scrapbook Page Maps as a starting point for the double-page spread. And for 'Sweet' I lifted a page from the very talented Jill Brogden.

So that's my all today. I'm sitting here thinking, now, what is it I am planning to do next. Time for a cuppa and maybe that will help me remember.

Take care and have a lovely evening.

No comments: