Tuesday 26 February 2019

Scrapbook Pages 1-5 - Summer Challenge 2018

Hello Everyone

Last summer I participated in Mind The Scrap's Summer Challenge and miracle of miracles I managed to make quite a number of layouts. So many, fifteen to be exact, I think I really need to post them here just for the record. Of course, fifteen layouts are too many for one post so I've split them up. Here's the first five.

Life is Just a Bowl of ...

This is a photo of the first of our harvest from our two cherry trees. We are lucky, we get to pick the cherries on the lower branches while the magpies get the rest.

Magical
These photos were taken on our honeymoon almost 23 years ago. We were on our way to Fort William but stopped the night at a B&B on the shores of Loch Linnhe because the view was just too beautiful to drive on past.

Perfection
I took this photo of the water feature in the gardens of Dumfries House for a photographic competition I participated in 2017. I particularly like this layout because it gave me the opportunity to use the fabulous 'Water Droplet' stamp from Designs by Ryn on the background. 

River Ayr
I'm very lucky to live in a town with a river flowing through it. The River Ayr looks beautiful all year round but as these two photos show it's particularly beautiful in late summer.

Pitlochry
Another holiday shot, this time taken more recently in the Scottish Highlands. I really liked this floral display of a 'railway porter' at Pitlochry train station. The flower heads were die-cut from craft foam adding an interesting texture to the layout.

Most of the supplies used are from Mind The Scrap monthly kits with the addition of some bits and bobs from the scrap box. I've also made use of a variety of punches, dies and stamps wherever needed.

I'll be posting the remaining ten layouts over the coming days.

Thank you for looking - your visit is much appreciated.

No comments: