Saturday 25 March 2017

Rudolph Day - March

Hi Everyone,

It's been a gloriously sunny day, a day to potter in the garden, so it seems strange to be talking about Christmas but it's Rudolph Day and I've made a trio of festive themed cards to share with Maureen over at Scraps of Life.

They are all the same design but I've used a variety of patterned papers, ink colours for the greetings and embellishments, e.g ribbon and enamel dots.



I can't make up my mind which version I like best - they are all so pretty.

Here's a list of the supplies I used:

  • white textured cardstock, Papermania, for the base. A5 (14.8 x 21cm) size folded in half. 
  • patterned paper from the Mistletoe 6x6 pack (Memory Box) 
  • scraps of ribbon
  • white and green funky foam for poinsettia flowers
  • poinsettia die from Spellbinders
  • enamel dots from Simple Stories DIY collection
  • greeting stamp from Scenic Stamps Woodland Cottage set
  • inks - ColorBox Cranberry and Memento Tuxedo Black
  • scrap of dark brown cardstock for matting the greeting on the first card

I should point out that the greeting on the first card was trimmed from the same sheet of patterned paper as used to decorate it.

I'm also submitting a card to Hazel's  CHNC Challenge 326 - anything goes as long as it's Christmas.

It's the start of British Summer Time so remember to put the clock forward one hour before you go to sleep tonight.  Oh dear, that means one hour less sleep for me - my biorhythm will be shot to pieces for at least a week!

Hope your weekend is going well.

10 comments:

Jean said...

I love the design of these super cards, and the lovely papers you used.
Jean x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful collection of cards and I love the poinsettia die.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Elizabeth,
my these are so very lovely, and wonderful designs too.
Great papers used, and your poinsettias are gorgeous.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Tina Z. said...

I love poinsettias and your cards are so pretty!

scrappymo! said...

Great design Elizabeth and great that you were able to make three cards. I think my favorite is the last one. 'the white poinsetia pops against the red DP.
They are all lovely cards but the pop of colour really caught my eye!

Thank you for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

Linby said...

You have been busy - a great design and look lovely in all three versions.

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely cards Elizabeth - very pretty, you have been busy, that is a really lovely poinsettia die

Craftychris said...

All of these are gorgeous! A fabulous design and you have chosen lovely papers. I haven't made my Rudolph Day card yet - I must get a move on! xxx

Kathleen said...

Great design and some lovely papers used too. Love the flower die too.

Kath x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 326 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too x