Sunday 6 October 2013

Sunday Snippet Card - Winter Scene

Evening Everyone,

It's that day again ... Sunday snippet day over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop!

I'm late ... we've been visiting friends. We all went off to a garden centre in Dumfries, had a lovely lunch and altogether a great day despite the rain.

Just as well then that I made this card yesterday.
I took inspiration for the design from this photo on Jill's Challenge over on Docrafts.
Image courtesy of Simon Howden at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

The topper is, in fact, recycled from one received last year, but the colours and image were perfect. I love the contrast of the red bench against it's snowy white surroundings and the swan is so beautiful ... I couldn't possibly throw this one away. All I've done is trim it down, mat it on to a snippet of red mirror card, stamp a silver embossed greeting and finish with three tiny red gems ... couldn't be simpler. 

Materials used: 
  • white base card
  • red mirror card for matting, the recycled topper
  • VersaMark and greeting from Basic Grey Christmas Greetings stamp set
  • Heat It Up silver embossing powder
  • Anita's red gems
I'm off now to watch Downton Abbey - saw Strictly earlier and just had to agree with the judges decision ... Sunday evenings have just got better :))

I hope you have all had a great weekend. Take care and happy crafting,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scene on this card Elizabeth-and even better because it is recycled! What a great idea to make it into another card,it was far too lovely to throw away.
Hugs,Nessa xx

Rita said...

What a beautiful card Elizabeth. Hugs Rita xxx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Beautiful card. I agree, I really like the contrast of the white with a pop of red. Very pretty.

I'm almost done watching Season Three of Downton Abbey. My library has it - unfortunately I didn't get to finish and couldn't renew it because someone else had reserved it. I hear that Season Four is due to start here in January.

Happy Sunday,
Hugs,
Kay

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth. Hope the EM is feeling better.

Sue said...

Fab card Elizabeth enjoyed Dame Kiri in Downton but felt so sorry for poor Anna :( huggles hun Sue xxx

Di said...

Hi Elizabeth! All packed and ready to go - 24 hours ahead of time too :)

LOVE this card, such a gorgeous image no wonder you kept it - the little pop of red is perfect and you totally finished it so well with the sentiment, gems and that red backing.

ugs, Di xx

Hettie said...

Sometimes the simple makes are the best and this is gorgeous Elizabeth. I would have done the same I think as this is a lovely image.
Hugs
xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is perfect, Elizabeth! So simple and yet so beautiful - don't you love it when it turns out that way? Thanks for your visit to my blog and your always lovely comments!

Sarn said...

I think it's a wonderful card Elizabeth. I'm all for a bit of recycling.

Happy Friday!

Hugs
Sarn xxx