Saturday 7 September 2013

Friday Smile on Saturday

Hi Everyone and happy Saturday to you all.
Trust me to be late with this post for Annie's Friday Smile but as I got the ever-patient EM to make a special trip to take these photos, I just have to share these with you because they definitely made me smile.
It's been some time since we drove up this particular road and the last time we did I recall that all this border had was a few damaged and sad looking plants. It was crying out for some TLC and it would seem that South Ayrshire Council's gardeners had the same idea. The sad plants have been removed and in their place are hundreds of colourful annuals.
A veritable host of  ... Californian poppies, cornflowers, pot marigolds and sweet alyssum. I should know the name of the red flower but I can't remember it.

As I trotted over with my camera the perfume from all those flowers became so intense - I wish you could smell it ... a real treat for the senses. The bees and butterflies must surely have appreciated this 'green corridor' in the middle of our town.

I hope whoever is responsible for the sowing has it in mind to do it again next year.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

10 comments:

Annie said...

Oh how pretty are those. I love them and an almost smell them from here.
Hugs,
Annie x

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous flowers!

Alison Scott said...

A beautiful show of blooms.

Sue said...

Totally gorgeous flowers huggles Elizabeth Sue xx

Jackie said...

Once again I am trying to catch up on my blog hopping!
Beautiful photographs and card since my last visit :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

How pretty, can almost smell them! Is the little red flower a form of Dianthus, a bit like a small carnation?

Hugs, Di xx

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Maggie
Yes gorgeous display well done to them and you for sharing. I think the red ones look like wallflowers but I'm no expert
Janet

Hettie said...

These photos are gorgeous. I can smell them too! I am with Di on the red flowers! But I am no expert!
xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm only a FEW days late, but I love the photos of these beauties. I can't believe someone did this in your town. You must have some pretty special gardeners to plant those along the roadway. They really put a smile on my face, too.

MaryH said...

More lovely. Wish I had this in my yard (but then I'd have to weed it!) Enjoyed looking at your pictures of it too. What a pretty place you have for a drive. TFS