After yesterday's brilliant sunshine today has been a disappointing day, not helped by my visit to the physiotherapist ... I think the tension of being put through my paces exhausted me more than anything. The verdict was mixed too - exercises for my hip and more tests to come, oh joy! So, on to today's card.
It's the card that you might have seen on my WOYWW post this week. I'd tinted the filigree bird using make-up sponges and various colours of ink pads. Once I had done that I decided that I didn't want it on the white base so I backed it with a plain brown design paper, covered the base in another striped, jungly sort of patterned paper. The embellishments are just gold raffia, gold coloured rainbow drops and a greeting topper.
Inside and front just decorated with strips of the patterned paper.
- 1 Papermania Birdsong delicate filigree card;
- white cardstock for base;
- Design Paper - Pebbles Skipping Along The Pathway & Basic Grey Archaic Primal;
- various Papermania ink pads in greens, yellows, reds & gold;
- gold raffia;
- gold rainbow drops;
- greeting topper from Papermania Persimmon Collection cardstock sticker
Most of the materials were either leftovers from previous projects or much neglected stash that hadn't seen the light of day for many moons so I'm sure it qualifies for Jules Sunday Snippet Challenge and as this is closing early again this week I'd better get my skates on or I'll be too late :)