Wednesday 11 September 2024

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 797/17

Hello Everyone,

It's been another while. Another unscheduled break. I won't make any declarations along the lines of being back for good this time. But I'm here today and there's something on my workdesk too.

Another of my kits made from a combination of old stash ...
and leftover scraps. The tan and brown printed paper is actually a sheet of saved wrapping paper that I thought too nice to toss. 
I'd also included a stencil that I thought would be great for a mixed media background. Taking my cue from the two chosen photos - there's rather a lot of sand in each - I inked through it with the colour Pumice Stone in Ranger's Distress Ink. The spatters were created with Heidi Swapp's Colorshine spray in Teal picking up on the blue of the hills in the distance.
The photos were taken on my first visit to Barmouth in Wales in 1995. City born and bred, Alan much preferred to be by the sea so when we met he couldn't wait to introduce me to this little seaside town. I'm a city girl too but, in truth, I didn't like sand. At all! Not between my toes, in my hair or on my clothes. Not anywhere.  Fortunately there's more to the town than sand, those blue remembered hills for instance, and I did grow to enjoy visiting Barmouth as much as he did. 

Like the layout in yesterday's post, no new stash was used in the making of today's page. The stencil is from Design Worx. 

I enjoyed having a go at a mixed media background again and there's a lot of satisfaction to be got from using up old leftover scraps of paper. Anyone looking through my album in the future won't have any idea the materials were old when the page was made. Well, not unless, like you, they've read this post!

And finally, 
Silver couldn't resist the empty wash basket and beat me to it. 

As always, I will do my best to visit and comment on the posts, Blogger permitting, of everyone who leaves a link on Sarah's post today. 

Best wishes to you all for a brilliant week. 

Take care everyone,
Elizabeth

13 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

What a lovely job you’ve done of capturing your memories Elizabeth. The colours are lovely
Lynn #11

Annie said...

Really love the LO and love the fact you're joining in all the more. Of course Silver stole my heart....she's so gorgeous.
Hugs,
Annie x #16

Lisa-Jane said...

Beautiful page there Elizabeth and well done for using up some older supplies. I recognise those matching letter stickers - Simple Stories I believe? Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #13

Helen said...

The layout looks fab but i know lots of people who don't like sand in their ...... crevices !! Good to see you . Helen #2

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Elizabeth, nice to see you and your d esk and of course Silver!! I'm back too but like you not making a commitment as that seems beyond me these days! I do love the satisfaction of using up scraps, which is probably why i have so much unused paper hanging about!! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindy #7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, it's always good to see you here. I need to use up more scraps it's so difficult to just throw them away. Nice to see Siver too. Wishing you a happy woyww, hugs Angela x12x

Lisca said...

Oooh, I like the idea of making kits. I might steal that idea as I want to get back into scrapbooking and I hve so much stash, I really have to promise myself not to buy new stuff.
I'm with you on the sand. I'm not a beach person. I don't like the sand invading every crack and crevice and I also get bored very quickly. I live in a hot country so sunbathing is not an option.
And it was great to meet Silver. I hope tio see him/her again soon. (and you of course).çHappy WOYWW,
Lisca

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A beautiful page to capture your memories and a great way to use up your crafty scraps too! I keep all my random bits of inky backgrounds for ATC cards or tags or embellishments. Happy WOYWW, have a great rest of the week. Michelle x #18

Susan Renshaw said...

This is a lovely layout! Great that you are using up all your scraps and old stash... I have so much I could use!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Nice to see you again! Lovely layout and lovely memories associated with it. Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

Sarah Brennan said...

Break or no break it's always good to see you here Elizabeth (and Silver). That is a wonderful layout - we always enjoyed visiting Barmouth too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

BJ said...

Gorgeous page loving the stencil and how you have incorporated mixed media into your scrapping. I do sometimes but tend to forget! Hugs BJ#6

Neet said...

I used to love Barmouth beach when we had a caravan on Angelsey. It is huge! And so sandy. I loved standing on the beach and looking back at the houses and the hills beyond. I wonder if we were ever there at the same time?
I love how you have matched the papers and things to the photographs - a beach in itself.
Love how Silver is sitting int he basket - reminds me of my Tabs (passed many years ago but still loved) - anything from a suitcase to a carrier bag and she was in it.
Hugs (and tickles uner the chin to Silver) Neet 1 xx