Hope you're having a good day. We've been out doing a bit of gardening and planting up the new roses mentioned in yesterday's post. We'd just finished when the heavens opened making watering the roses unnecessary :)
I have a gift bag, made for the family tweenager, to share today.
Here's how I decorated the bag:
- The red polka dot and gingham patterned paper were trimmed in to two oblongs and adhered to the bag front. Sorry, can't remember any details on this paper, it's been in my stash for years.
- Strips of the gingham Washi tape were then added to the front. Washi from We Are Memory Keepers.
- The topper was trimmed to fit and adhered on top of the patterned paper. Topper from The Little Book of Decoupage, Sports, Hobbies and Pastime by Hunkydory.
- I then added an embellishment created from some flourish and flower die-cuts left from a recent cutting session. They were all made from snippets of silver and red cardstock. The flourish die is from C&C Die-Lectables Flowing Vine set and the flowers from the Tattered Lace Mini Die set. The finished embellishment was decorated with a small clear gem for the centre of the layered flower and red gems on the flourishes.
- The greeting, ready made from Craftwork Cards, was matted on to a red circle (a Spellbinders die) and decorated with a tiny red gem too.
- To finish, a tiny silver butterfly, another Tattered Lace Mini Die, was added to the left top of the bag front.
Sounds like a lot of work but it was a whole lot quicker to put together than it was to write the step-by-step. It helped that I already had the die-cuts just handy and a ready made topper and greeting too.
I'm submitting this to the following challenges:
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 184 - where anything goes as long as snippets have been used.
Butterfly Challenge - #34 Butterflies + G is for Gems
And that is me for today. I'm off to do a bit of
Thanks for dropping in. I hope you have a great week ahead.