Thursday 21 May 2015

Using up Scraps and Snippets ...

... from the homemade Return to the Collection Kit featured in many a post over the last few months.

I did well with the kit, making 2 double page layouts and 6 single singles, finishing up with the Bird's Eye View page that I created with some of the leftovers, mainly strips with a few larger pieces. I was pleased that I managed to use up so much of the kit but I was still left with quite a few scraps and snippets, as you can see in this photo here.
What to do with them? I didn't really want to keep the patterned paper scraps, they take up storage that I'd much rather use for something else and the truth is I'm quite likely to forget they are there. I did stow the green card in the snippet drawer - it could always come in useful for die-cutting leaves - but for the rest I decided to challenge myself to use it up! So a satisfying few hours stamping, embossing, punching, die-cutting, searching through, labels, card and card bases, packets of gems and the box of ribbon/lace/twine snippets resulted in four cards ...





... and several decorated labels!

Not bad for a pile of snippets :)

And these few punched shapes were all that was left. They are now stored in cello bags - they might just come in handy some day.

So that's well and truly killed that kit and, oddly, I'm looking forward to doing the same with whatever is left over in any other kit I put together ... so much better than saving all those wee bits, never to be used again!!!

I'm submitting this entire post to Pixie's Snippets Playground - I've used so many snippets up I think my efforts merit a kiss from Parsnip!!!

Thanks for visiting and have a lovely day.

Happy Crafting,

6 comments:

Jean said...

Wow Elizabeth, what a brilliant way to use up all those snippets. Your cards are all really lovely, and how nice to have those pretty decorated tags ready when you need them.
Jean x

LesleyG said...

well done indeed for using all those snippets. You are indeed an inspiration, that I need to follow!xxx

Twiglet said...

Very satistfying to use all those bits and bobs - I hate wasting stuff. I love the results! x Jo

Di said...

Oh well done Elizabeth on your snippets marathon! Great results - and Parsnip sends a big kiss and a squishy hug :)

Hugs

Di xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, you've been busy making good use of the snippets, Elizabeth. The cards are so pretty and has such a lovely variety of designs, well done, sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit

scrappymo! said...

Very dedicated to use up that kits that way. You made some fab cards and tags...and best of all, truly killed that kit! Hurray!