No time to join in with WOYWW today, sigh! But I do have this card to submit to CHNC Week 149.
The topper features another one of the inky backgrounds I'm having a passion for at the moment. This time I've used a shiny cardstock with Memento inks, Love Letter, Cosmic Copper (just a wee touch of this), Pear Tart and London Fog. Once again the camera, sans Ottlite, has altered the ink colours - the red looks pink, it's not, and the green looks much more yellow than it is in real life, it's not! I'm no expert but it could be because I've used a shiny surfaced card here - too much reflection, perhaps?
Here's a list of materials used:
- square Kraft card base
- My Mind's Eye Darling Dear Six by Six paper pad - for the backing, the belly band, poinsettias, leaves and topper matting - practically everything, even decorating inside and back!
- a piece of shiny white card for the topper
- Spellbinders Layered Poinsettias die set and Marianne Creatables Chinese Rose (for the leaves)
- scalloped edge punch
- Siesta Craft Lace border - decorating the belly band
- IndigoBlu Dinkie I Wish You A Merry Christmas stamp
- Archival blank ink pad
- red dew drops
As well as submitting this to the CHNC weekly challenge, I will also submit it to Hazel's Extra Challenge for November.
I almost forgot to add, that this is one of my favourite cards to date - I had fun making the topper, of course, I like the rather unusual colour combination in the Darling Dear paper pad and I love the poinsettias made in same papers.
That's it for today ... must fly, tons of books to box up before the boys, my 'all grown-up tall and strong' grandsons, arrive on Friday to do the hard work of lifting and packing them into a van to move them all over to our new home. Just 9 days to go now and it's all systems go here :)
I hope you are all well, take care and have a wonderful Wednesday.