I hope this finds you all well, as we are here. We're enjoying very definite signs that winter is over, even if it is drizzling :) A stroll in the garden is a real pleasure now. We have wallflowers and Pulmonaria blooming up in the 'wild border', big fat buds have appeared on one of the clematis, lime leafed Aquilegia has suddenly shot up and the Sarcococca is covered in sweet scented blossom - it's all beginning to look very much like spring has arrived at last :)
So on to, well, not so much more flowers but seed heads, dandelion seed heads.
You might have spotted the embossed panel lying on my workdesk in yesterday's post. It was leftover from another project so instead of tucking it away in the topper box to be ignored and forgotten, as I would usually, I decided to seize the day and make something with it immediately. The design for the card is based on this sketch, #255, from Sketch Saturday.
- Base - Dawn Bibby gold embossed lilac cardstock trimmed to measure 11.5" x 5.5", folded to create a 5.5" square card base.
- A selection of patterned papers from Hot of the Press Artsy Collage Textured Papers - had this little booklet of papers since Noah was in the Ark - and Docrafts Papermania Heather Collection, for matting and layering
- Topper - smooth white cardstock, Darice Dandelions embossing folder, Rangers Tim Holtz distress ink pads in Milled Lavender and Shaded Lilac - sponged over the seed heads - and Adirondack Lights Willow ink pad - for the stems and fronds
- Zig Vellum Writer in Pure Violet for the faux stitching
- Small butterfly punch and a scrap of the Papermania patterned paper for the flight of flutterbies embellishment
- Ranger Crystal Stickles
That's me back to normal ... well, if you can describe me ever as normal! Not exactly churning out cards yet, but chugging along quite nicely ... and I've managed to remove the little piles that were preventing me from getting to my craft sheet yesterday.
Many thanks for all the lovely comments left, welcoming me back ... you are all lovely and I'm your greatest fan :)
Off to have a bite of lunch and ruminate and cogitate over the design for a Christmas card because it's Rudolph Day today.
Take care everyone and happy crafting,