I hope you have all had a happy Sunday. It's not been a bad day at all here - chilly but sunny enough to lure me out for a Sunday walk ... more about that later.
First, here's a card for Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 67.
- a 4"square white card base
- a strip of white card approximately 4" x 17/8". I used a Big and Juicy ink pad, Spice, and an ink duster to colour the background - keeping mostly to the green end of the pad but finishing with a dusting around the edges from the brown end.
- the fir branches are from Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy 2, Faith - the bare branches were stamped first using a mid-green from the Big and Juicy ink pad and then the fir leaves were stamped over that using a darker green, Tim Holtz distress marker, Peeled Paint.
- a scrap of mid-green Core'dinations for matting - cut slightly wider than the stamped panel
- the greeting, stamped using the distress marker, is from Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy, Poppies and Daisies - love the font.
This boat is somewhat inappropriately named Sea Hunter - judging by the peeling paint it's hunting days are over. Great colours though, and the peeling paint is so tactile ... I couldn't resist running my hand over it :)
Dunure's harbour is a 200 year old though there are far fewer fishing boats there than in days gone by. However, it's very popular with visitors, especially at the weekends, and today it was particularly busy. There was a Subaru 'convention' going on down there this afternoon - lots of souped up sporty numbers with drivers who mistook our quiet country roads for Brands Hatch chose Dunure as a 'pit stop' - sadly, a photo that got away ... I was too slow and missed a golden opportunity!!!
Finally, I'll leave you with a bit of a tease.
Can you guess what it is? I can't wait to read your comments :))
Well, that's it for this evening - time I was thinking of bed :)
Hope you've all had a lovely weekend.
Take care and happy crafting,