As it's entitled G for Glitter, I'm hoping you can see the all the gorgeous glitter on this card ... this was a difficult card to photograph because of the silver mirror card ... every shot I took I could see me reflected somewhere in the matting - this was the best I could do.
I've long admired the beautiful creations Jackie, of Craft Designs, makes with her own photographs - and so I've unashamedly pinched the idea for this card from her ... I hope she'll forgive me. You can see the particular card of Jackie's here that was the inspiration for mine.
I've used the above photograph, after a bit of tweaking in My Craft Studio. It was taken during the winter of 1995 at Wellesley College, Massachusetts, where I was a mature student at the time. The college grounds are absolutely beautiful and this was the view from my room ... that day it looked just like a winter wonderland :)
The insert is just the photograph repeated twice and with an oval digitally punched out to leave an area for writing in a greeting.
The back has the topper repeated to give a bit of interest ... well, I'd printed two copies so thought I might as well use it here.
- Cardstock: Black coated card for base; silver mirror card and red textured card for matting; white card for greeting
- Paper: white copy paper; glossy photo paper
- Photograph imported into My Craft Studio Professional to create the background, insert and topper
- Greeting generated using Microsoft Office Publisher
- Embellishment: iridescent glitter
Edited Note: I made this card to fit Crafty Hazelnut's challenge this week and then forgot to submit it ... am I dozy or what! So late, but hopefully, not too late I'm submitting it now:
CHNC Challenge 43 - Make a Scene