Friday 23 November 2012

Scrapbook Remix - Prompt #6

Hi Everyone,

And a very warm welcome to my newest followers, Robin and Tina - hope you continue to enjoy my little blog.

I've several layouts to share with you - all inspired by Prompt #6 of Shimelle's course.

The first is entitled Retro Girl and features one of my favourite snaps of my middle granddaughter, Jolene, taken in 2005 when she was only five years old.


Apart from the strips of polka-dotted pattern, and the base paper which is from Panduro Tilda Party collection,  all the papers are from Papermania's Happy Days collection, chosen because the Baker Boy hat Jolene is wearing took me back to the sixties, when I was a teenager and this style of hat was very much in fashion. The bottle top embellishments were punched from one of the papers. The fabric flowers are also from Papermania - I've had them for a year or so - it was nice to finally find a use for them.

There is a large corner image on the Garden Party print which I felt did not work with the photograph so I've covered it up with the stack of Happy Days papers, you would never know it's there.


The second layout, Waiting to Meet Santa, shows a nervous and apprehensive Shari-Ann outside Santa's grotto, not too sure she really wanted to meet the big man in the red suit and white beard. That was in 2008 when she was tiny ... now she has no worries about meeting Santa.


None of the papers used are Christmas papers but because I've used a traditional colour combination of red, white and green, the effect is Christmassy.

The papers are SEI White Elegance, Daisy Bucket Playful Petals (the red polka dot) and Basic Grey Hello Luscious (the red and green strip). I've also been inspired to get out the Cuttlebug and die cut some holly and circles, and some stamps to make a few festive embellishments, e.g. the pile of packages is a stamped image coloured with ProMarkers, as is the Joy embellishment and the sentiment.

The final page from this prompt is Smiling for the Camera featuring the Boss who clearly thinks she is a Cheshire cat. I've never known a cat to smile before :)


One of my favourite colour combinations is pink and brown and, as my cat is a very dainty, girly cat, that's the colour mix I decided to go with for this page. The base print is a 'b' side from Papermania's Happy Days collection - the 'a' side has very pretty doilies scattered all over it, not what I was looking for. At the back of the many layers is a piece of printed vellum - Owls and Swirls from a Nancy Watt Collection. I've found it difficult to handle vellum - never know how to fix it so that the adhesive doesn't show but Shimelle has a video on YouTube that helped me overcome that problem. All the other papers are bits - some ancient - from my scrap pile and the embellishments are handmade using punches/dies and the letters are from American Crafts (Darling) and BoBunny (Ambrosia).

And for those folks that have been enquiring, I did indeed find some really useful type boxes that now are home to my scraps and so far it's making it easier for me to pull just what I'm looking for. I've devised a system that I think is the best solution for me and hopefully speeds up the scrapping process. For example, most of the strips and scraps on the last layout came out of these new scrap boxes. I've forgotten to take a photo, and it's a bit late tonight (just turned midnight), but I will try to remember tomorrow and post a piccie for you to see. 

As it is so late, and I was up very early this morning for no better reason than I couldn't sleep, I'd better get myself to bed - at my great age I need all the beauty sleep I can get.

Take care all and happy crafting,

4 comments:

Jackie said...

A brilliant selection of pages Elizabeth :o)
Jackie xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

what a cracker that smiling for the camera one is and agree about the colurs too! Shaz.xx

Rita said...

Elizabeth, your pages are beautiful. I love the papers too. The photo of the Boss made me smile. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, its so lovely to beable to share your wonderful layouts xx