... and a very happy Handy Hippo Thursday to you all. I hope you are all well, and to those of you that are not, I wish you a speedy recovery. And I also hope that for many of you, because of the horrid weather we are experiencing here in the UK, it's a day indoors happily crafting away :)
This week's Handy Hippo offering is a quick and simple card based on ... in true Blue Peter style ... one I made earlier. Some of you may have seen the card, posted last Friday, I made using a photograph I took of lilies in flower last summer ... the post is here. From the comments I received it was clear that many of you would like to make cards featuring photographs but may not have a collection of flower pics to choose from. Well, Handy Hippo have the answer with their fabulous Foto Finesse Topper collections. These are sheets of photos of flowers, trees, shrubs, etc in gorgeous eye-catching colours and each sheet also includes several greetings to cut out and use too. Here's the one used on this week's card.
This is the Gold sheet. Here's another to whet your appetite.
Gorgeous! And terrific value too - each A4 size sheet is only 24p at the time of posting.
Tempted? As usual materials used for this project are available from Handy Hippo and if you would like to make the same project then simply click on the magic button below and it will take you directly to a shopping cart that contains everything you would need to make it. Once there, you can simply and easily remove any of the items that you already have in your craft stash.
It’s easy to add to your basket any other purchase that you might like and if something is temporarily out of stock you can request to be emailed once it is back in stock.
Here's how I made the card:
- Trim an A4 size sheet of white card to measure 10½" by 5¼" and fold in half to make a card base measuring 5¼" square.
- Using one sheet of patterned paper from the Kalahari Dreams paper pack cover the front of the card taking it over to the back as in this photo:
- Trim any excess off.
- Create the topper by cutting out the photograph of the Marigold from the sheet and matting it on to gold mirri card, leaving a narrow frame around the photograph, then do the same with the dark brown card. Adhere the topper centrally, using silicone glue, to the upper front of the card.
- Create a narrow band to fit the width of the card with the gold mirri card and the brown card. Stretch the gold ribbon over the band, adhering the ends to the back of the card. Adhere the band to the lower part of the front of the card.
- Create another topper using the 'Thank You' greeting from the sheet and matting it in the same way as the flower topper. Adhere this to the right on the band with the silicone glue to the ribbon band. Finish this off by adding three green gems to the left on the band.
- Finally, trim two narrow strips, approximately 1" wide, of the patterned paper and adhere them to the inside of the card ... as in this photo:
And that is the card completed.
Pot Marigolds are one of my favourite annual flowers ... I love the bright and cheerful yellow and orange blooms and they are so easy to grow. A bonus is that the petals are edible too and look great sprinkled on salads.
I hope you like this card and might just be tempted to make it for yourself.
See you again next week with another Handy Hippo project.