Wednesday, 2 September 2026

WOYWW Week 900/120 - Celebration Time!

Hello Everyone,

Happy 900th edition of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. What an amazing number to reach and all down to the three wonderful ladies. First and foremost Julia, Stamping Ground, who dreamed up the idea some 17 years ago! Then there's Jan, Lunch Lady Jan's Fabric Frenzy, who stood in temporarily while Julia had a much needed break. Finally, we have Sarah, Sarah's Craft Shed, who has now been hosting WOYWW for 120 weeks! What they have created is a wonderful community of crafters that just keeps going - it may well be the longest, most enduring, weekly get-together in blogland.

I don't remember when I first became aware of Julia's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, but it was on Week 71 I plucked up the courage to join in. I have been ever grateful that I did. The welcome I received gave me the confidence to become a regular desker. 

Sarah suggested that we share our first 00 post to celebrate this wonderful occasion. For me that was this one here, Week 100. It's not particularly exciting though it did follow the Easter weekend, a Royal Wedding - Prince William & Kate - celebrated with an extra bank holiday. 

I believe it was Jan who originally suggested the WOYWW crops that became an annual event for a few years - until 2020 stopped the fun. I can't remember the years I was able, with the help of my dear enabler, Alan, to attend the crops but what I do remember is how wonderful it was to meet up with so many lovely crafters, many of whom have become firm friends, and sadly a few who have since passed away. I've spent way too much time today looking through posts trying to find some of the many photos taken at the crops, but with very little luck. I think they may be on my old computer and not this newer laptop. Here's the few I have tracked down.


These two photos are from 20017 & 2018

Annie, Wipso, Jan and Julia.
Jan & Julia.
Julia & Me.

This is a scrap page made with photos from crops and it seems I have a year missing - I'm just not sure which one. 
Happy days. 

There's not much on my desk today but this was how it was last night. 
I'd had to shoo Silver off to work on a page. My trusty guillotine, an adhesive tape runner, paper scraps and a reel of pink & white cord are, unusually, all that was lying about. On the far top left is an alphabet stamp set waiting to be used one day. 
The photo on this page is of me, my two brothers and my middle sister - the youngest had not arrived by the year this was taken, around 1955/56. It's a photo that always makes me smile because the wee story attached to it. My mother's youngest sister, Jean, still a teenager was babysitting that day when a travelling photographer knocked on our door - they did that back then. Jean happily agreed to have him take this photo of us. She got us together, sat us on the top of the sideboard for the shot. It wasn't until the photo was delivered some time later that mum spotted something Jean had missed completely. The sweater my little brother, Colin, was wearing was not clean - he'd spilt half his dinner down it! Mum was so embarrassed. The photo was hidden away then and it was many years before it saw the light of day again! 

This week's pic of Silver enjoying the afternoon sunlight. 

Instead of how I usually sign off it's seems fitting that I repeat how I signed off, updated, for WOYWW Week 100. 

For anyone who has just stumbled over this blog post and has no earthly idea what I'm prattling on about, what WOYWW is about, then please, with no further ado, hop over to the lovely Sarah's's blog, Sarah's Craft Shed, where you will find a plethora of links to a lot more crafty desks - go on, treat yourself - it's the best snoopathon ever!

Take care and happy crafting to you all.

Elizabeth Worthington

19 comments:

Helen said...

some more happy memories! sad ones too, but WOYWW has created friends for us all. long may it continue. Helen #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth , it's great to look back at what everyone's been up to. Great photo collection, I miss our meet-ups they were so good. Sending big woyww hugs, Angela x12x

Caro said...

Happy 900th WOYWW! I loved the two crops I made it to and wish we could have another one, although I understand it is tricky. It was lovely to meet you in person and I enjoy seeing you on Facebook too. Nice to see you are still scrapbooking. With love & God Bless, Caro xx #19

Annie said...

What a lot we all have to thank WOYWW for. So many special friends (of course you’re one of those). Thanks for your love and friendship.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Twiglet said...

Happy 900th post! Where have those years gone! So lovely to look back on the crop photos. We need to organize another! It's so good to see you busily crafting again. Hugs from Shropshire. x x Jo 🌈

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I didn't know Jan had hosted WOYWW! I guess that was during my hiatus. I need to go back and see when I first linked to WOYWW, but Julia was still doing it then. You always do such beautiful scrapbook pages. Silver is looking as regal as always. Happy WOYWW 900th Post!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a beautiful post Elizabeth, full of wonderful memories and happiness. I love the way you scrapped the Crop photos, they make a gorgeous layout, but then you always do amazing pages! Thank you for the continued love and support as ever 🥰
Happy 900th WOYWW!
Hugs long 5 xxx

lisa said...

Hi Elizabeth. It's so good to catch up with you again. I always read your facebook posts, so keep up with your news but it's not the same as visitng each week. I see you are still doing beautiful scrapbook pages with the help of Silver. Happy 900th WOYWW Hugs Lisa #17

Susan Renshaw said...

Hello Elizabeth...I loved reading your post - and especially the story behind the photograph! Happy 900th! Susan #14

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Elizabeth, I read your posts but rarely comment I'm not blogging at the moment. Loved thhe 2018 crop photo so grateful to have met you. Pray every blessing in the days ahead. Hope to be back blogging later on some time. Shaz in Oz.xxx

Darnell said...

This was so enjoyable, Elizabeth! I loved the whole post going down memory lane! I read the one before, too, all the way down to the funnies which I also love!

You have my admiration being a scrapper! I've made one scrapbook in my life, which ended up being four volumes and that was of the first ONE year of the twinks' lives! It is really, um, challenging and time-consuming and brain-expanding. I had no idea until I did it myself! That photo of you and your siblings is just precious, as is Silver!

Thank you for the visit to me and your wonderful comment! Lots of hugs, Darnell

Marit said...

Goodmorning! It's so good to 'see' you. O boy, that story with the photo made me smile, such a lovely memory and lovely picture to use on a scrapbook-page! Thanks for your comment on my blog, my 'work project' with the old book will take years I'm afraid for it's an 'in between - without deadline - project' so I/we don't work on it every week. But I'll try and take a photo every time it's on my desk and show how it looks next time I join in. I am looking for 'free/spare time' to visit some blogposts all through the coming days so by the end of the week I hope to have visit all desks on the list - as an 'old woyww-participant' I just wanted to celebrate this 900th anniversary so badly and it's so lovely to 'bloghop' to all the wednesday-desks again.It's good to see all the creativity that is still going on, and visit long-time-no-see desks/ladies! Congrats to you too for the 900th woyww, keep up the good spirit and have a nice weekend. Love from the Netherlands, Marit #24

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Elizabeth, thanks so much for popping in! Lovely photos, memories and scrapbook layouts - Silver is adorable! Happy #900 xx zsuzsa #23

Sarah Brennan said...

I tried commenting several times yesterday but my comment refused to publish. Thanks for being a part of WOYWW. Happy 900th. Sarah

My name is Cindy said...

Hello Elizabeth, thanks for stopping by. It's been reallly lovely seeing you at woyww lately. Have a wonderful week, love n hugs Cindyxx #21

Kyla said...

loving reading all the catch ups and seeing the photos too, happy woyww kyla

Sue from Oregon said...

Always fun to catch up-it has been years for me, but do hope to join in the fun more often! Happy #900th! Sue Kment #31

Kelly said...

Hi Elizabeth
Great layouts. thanks for sharing some of the crop photos. I so wish I could attend. They look like so much fun.
Creative Blessings & Hugs!
~ Kelly #26

ukmaryanne said...

Happy Week 900 WOYWW! I didn't realize people had dropped in at the end so catching up.
Such lovely photos and layouts too. Silver is still the most gorgeous cat - if Silver & Poppy walked beside each other, Poppy would be a prefect shadow to Silver I think.


See you for 1000...
Mary Anne (1)