Saturday, 6 April 2013

Beadazzled Daisy Birthday Card

Afternoon All,

A second post today ... this time I have a card to share.


Made for a friend's birthday and based on a card made by Bonnie of Stamping with Klass. I saw it and loved it ... but then Bonnie makes to most beautiful and inspiring cards. Many thanks, Bonnie.


The flower was stamped twice, once onto white card and then on to patterned paper. The leaves and stem of the image on the white card was coloured with distress inks. Only the daisy head on the patterned paper was fussy cut and then layered on top of the other.


Beadazzles have been adhered to the centre of the flower with a clear glue. I'm just bedazzled by Beadazzles. 


This photo is for my lovely Aussie friend, Shaz in Oz, who hasn't yet discovered these gorgeous little pots of goodness, described on the pot as 'designer delicacies that add drama to your creations'. They are in fact a mix of glass beads and glitzy bits and come in several different colourways - this one is Jazz. You can sprinkle them over warm UTEE, press into double-sided sticky tape (the really sticky tape) or into something like Stickles or Liquid Pearls. Me, I used a clear-drying glue to set them in the centre of the flower - how boring is that :))

Sadly, I didn't write down a list of supplies used so I've had to rely on my faulty memory so if I miss any ingredient, please forgive an old woman :)

Materials used: an A6 white base card; deep pink cardstock for matting; a piece of white card embossed with the 'Happy Birthday' folder; a small piece of smooth white card stamped with Happy Birthday in pink ink; the flower is a Dawn Bibby stamp (Flowers and Leaves); Suze Weinberg's Beadazzles; pink satin ribbon; pink cameo from Wild Orchid Crafts

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

CASE Study Challenge #135 - casing a classic 'jj card'

Crafty Ribbons Challenge 42 - anything goes with ribbon

That's me done for today. I hope you are all enjoying the weekend and maybe even having a bit of sunshine wherever you are.

Take care and happy crafting,

PS: Please check out the book giveaway in the previous post - this week it's entitled Outstanding Mini Albums.

14 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth.

Jackie said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth, those beads really make the flower centre pop :o)
Jackie xx

Sandra H said...

Fabulous card Elizabeth l would even paint my nails with these they are gorgeous and make your flower really pretty this is one really beautiful card xx

scrappymo! said...

Those beady bits are beautiful on this flower! The flower head really pops off the page. Looks so good with the Happy Birthday embossing folder.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

What a sweet card. That cameo reminds me of a ring my wife inherited from her grandmother. Blessings!

Bonnie said...

Oh, Elizabeth, thanks for the shout out. Your card is much prettier than mine and I love those little jewels. I'm going to have to look for them.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Elizabeth, this is a stunning work of art! Shaz will treasure it forever and Bonnie will be so happy to have inspired you! I love her work, too!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah awesome card - love the way yu did the flower head, dear friend Elizabeth, not exactly as I imagined.
Thank you so glad you shared and I could have Googled but thought it was better for pocket if did not *grin* been bad lately...

So that is a really good colours for centre of flower - think that is what my friend Joyce used in my ultra special card for my birthday, I asked her what they were but she could not remember so know now.. will keep my eye out when pennies are grown!!

... take care, thanks again for sharing and pray you get a warmer weekend :D
God bless, Shaz in oz.xx

May said...

Gorgeous card Elizabeth, Love the flower & the beaddazzles look fabulous.. Beautiful embossed background & I love the pink ribbon... Hugs May x x x

coops said...

so gorgeous elizabeth.beautiful design and flower :D

xx coops xx

Rita said...

Hello Elizabeth. I'm loving your new blog header, its so nice and bright. Anyway on to your card. It looks so pretty and I love your idea of the dazzles too. I did used the micro beads on my poinsettia's last year at Christmas. Hope you are both well. We have been upgrading the kitchen this last week, but still have the painting etc to finish. Speak Soon. Hugs Rita xx

Larissa Heskett said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the clean and simple feel!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Andrea Ewen said...

This is lovely, Elizabeth! That flower is so pretty and the 'dazzles' in the middle of the flower add such wonderful texture! Pretty bow, too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

Maureen said...

I always admire someone who can fussy cut! Great job! Wow! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)