Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Kitty Santa, Penelope and Percy and Secretive Tilda

It's been a busy and productive (well, productive for me) few days. Having donated some of my Christmas cards to the forces in Afghanistan I now have to make some more or friends and family will be wondering where their cards are this year.  However, before I started on that I made this simple little notecard to put into a package I sent to my granddaughter and her mum.



I thought this stamp, Secretive Tilda, coloured in with Promarkers, was perfect for a card to pop in with a gift. I teamed her up with some of the paper from Papermania's Summer Bloom 6" x 6" pack, a doily and some organza ribbon in raspberry pink. I left the inside blank for me to write a wee note but I did decorate the back just to finish it off.



Next, a quick challenge Christmas card, using paper from Docrafts Penelope & Percy A5 Paper Pack.


In fact, I relied on the paper for the images of the two penguins skating and just added a bright turquoise patterned ribbon from SGS, a white brad and two snowflakes, again from SGS. This card got the inside treatment as well as the back.


The pattern strip and the tag came from the same Penelope & Percy pack. I decided to submit this for the A-Z Challenge on the Docrafts site. The object of this challenge is to make a card a day over 26 days starting 1st November featuring a letter of the alphabet. I submitted this one as A for Aqua.

Finally, here is the card I made today.


The image is a digital stamp, Kitty Santa, is from Pink Cat Studio - I think this character is so cute coloured with Promarkers, hat trimmed with Fluffy Stuff and glitter and a new collar complete with bell.

I added some sparkle to the chimney too. The design papers I used are the Xmas free downloads from Bearly Mine Designs. There are some beautiful digital papers available on the site and I see that Donna has started a new challenge blog this month. I framed the card with glitter by adhering a strip of very sticky double-sided tape all round and then covering it with green glitter. I added a punched lace border in gold paper and tartan ribbon bought from local craft shops.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts - red poppies, green cherry blossoms and tiny red rose buds. The oak leaves punched from the X-cut Botanical Punch.

I added the same punched border inside the card with a sentiment that I made using My Craft Studio Professional. I just love that I can turn my own sentiment into a circle and add any digi image I want - this means I can make a very individual sentiment as I have done here. 



I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

A-Z Docrafts - card with B as the theme
Docrafts Digi Challenge - Digi Cat card
Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge - Card in classic Christmas colours of reds, greens and golds.

That's my post for tonight - I'm off to play with my Cuttlebug. Tomorrow is WOYWW day so I'll be posting a pic of my desk whatever state it is in in the morning.

Bye for now
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh wow, what a fantastic set of cards, they are all gorgeous :o)
Jackie xx

Carrie said...

Fabulous cards as always Elizabeth....I really love what you have done with the inside of the Penguin one.....I never do anything with the insides and just leave them boring white. It is lovely that you have made the inside so special too xx